Roofline South Glasgow
Roofline Glasgow provide a roofing and guttering installation service to the South Glasgow area.
Keeping the roofline on your South Glasgow home in a good state of repair
Many people assume that the roofline of their South Glasgow property will simply carry on functioning over and over again. In some ways, you are right but, this simple system that gives both form and protection to your property does sometimes need a little help to stay in tip top condition.
Follow our 9-point guide to maintaining the roofline on your South Glasgow property:
- Keep an eye on it from the OUTSIDE – spend some time every now and then (pre and post bad weather especially) to note if there are any areas that need attention or are storm damaged
- If you have overhanging trees close to your property, your GUTTERING will need cleaning – blocked gutters will cause water to overflow. It can cause unsightly staining on exterior walls but can also cause problems inside, as well as damp and so on.
- Check from the INSIDE too – if you haven’t been in your loft for a while, then making it a twice yearly task of checking inside the loft is important. Not only can you examine the inside of your roof, but you can also see if there are any other issues that could be attributed to a roofline component on your South Glasgow property needing attention.
- There should be no HOLES or MISSING COMPONENTS – if you spot a missing component or a broken one, it is important to get it replaced as soon as possible.
- Look out for signs of ROT – if the fascia boards, soffits and bargeboards on your property are made from wood, they will at some point fail, even if you have been diligent in painting or varnishing them. Wood will, in the onslaught of years’ worth of rain, wind, snow, ice and sun will start to weaken and rot.
- Look for HOLES too – not many people realise that small pests such as squirrels can squeeze through gaps that are the same size as their head (very small!) and thus, if you live close to woodland, you may find that a family of squirrels prefer your loft to the surrounding trees!
- Problem with damp or condensation IN your property? – if you have, there are many reasons why this may be happening but, soffits that are fitted to the underside r eaves should be ‘breathable’. Sometimes, when they have been replaced they have been replaced with boards that do not allow the inside of the property to breathe.
- SPOT a problem? – but not sure how to repair? Call the experts – call us.
Please contact Roofline Glasgow for more information on our roofline services. The company offers FREE estimates, consultation and advice.
All the S&D workers involved in the project were very helpful and took the time to explain each stage plus they took the time to clean up at each stag…Mr Smyth - Glasgow Testimonials
HOW WE WORK
Contact us to discuss your requirements
do an onsite visit
to measure up
the work to