Roofline Glasgow provide a gutter replacement service to the Kingspark area.
Don’t underestimate the guttering on your Kingspark property!
It seems an odd title especially as you probably paid very little heed to the guttering on your property over the years. And this really is the issue – homeowners rarely pay gutters much attention until they are either over flowing, blocked or broken.
Leaving them in this state of disrepair could lead to a rather unpleasant repair bill – and not just for replacement guttering. Invariably, leaving guttering overflowing etc. for any length of time can lead to structural problems.
What guttering does…
In a nutshell, it allows the quick channelling of rain water off your property. Water is erosive – in other words, over time it will erode away all manner of material. Guttering, by forming a channel, will protect the walls, doors and windows of your property, maintaining its good looks. It also protects the foundations of your property by channel excess water away from its ‘roots’, preventing water from ‘pooling’.
And so, the guttering on your Kingspark property protects it from:
- Flooding of the basement or cellar
- Foundation ‘heave’, where water swells the ground around the foundation pushing them up or out of shape
- Infestations – some smaller insects are known to breed in pooling water and not all are good for our health, or the health of our pets
- Dampness and mould both in and outside of the property is prevented when gutters run freely
- Erosion of the soil around your property can occur when the guttering on your Kingspark property is not working correctly
- Staining occurs quickly when the guttering in leaking or in a state of disrepair; this is caused by the chemical reaction of rain water with various materials on the home
Many people think this list of problems sounds a little dramatic – after all, guttering is such an inconsequential aspect to the exterior of our property that surely, this unsung hero of properties across Scotland cannot do such a valuable job?
The truth is the guttering on a Kingspark property will do an incredible amount. It is calculated that 1 inch of rain on an ‘average’ size house will lead to a run off of rainwater of around 500 gallons or roughly 4,000 pints.
Taking care of the guttering on your Kingspark home
Gutters should be cleaned twice a year – more often if you have overhanging trees – but many people find this difficult. Working at heights safely is important and unless you are comfortable in doing so, it may be best to invest in the services of a professional.
Likewise, if your guttering needs repairing or replacing, call in the experts!
Please contact Roofline Glasgow for more information on our guttering services. The company offers FREE estimates, consultation and advice.
All the S&D workers involved in the project were very helpful and took the time to explain each stage plus they took the time to clean up at each stag…Mr Smyth - Glasgow Testimonials
HOW WE WORK
Contact us to discuss your requirements
do an onsite visit
to measure up
the work to